When do you think it is okay for you to take your newborn out to places with lots of people? (church, school activities) I think a month. Brian thinks two weeks. What do you guys think? I have taken her out to the store covered up and to small gatherings. I think it is to early for all the germs at church. Let me know...
8 comments:
Most importantly is how you are feeling about it, Jenn. If you're not comfortable taking the baby to church yet, don't! My personal feeling though is that, if she's healthy and doesn't have any risk factors, it would be okay to take Amber out in public at this age. You can keep her covered up and people are usually pretty good about keeping their distance. I sure wouldn't be passing her around or anything though.
I know I'm not a mother, but I agree with Kristin, that it's kind of up to you and how comfortable you are. I personally would be very nervous, but I'm a nervous person. I think when you are up for it, then do it.
It's all in what you feel good about. I didn't wait for anything. All my babies joined our lives as is, we didn't cater and stop things because of it. Totally a personal call!
Although I am not a mother, Jenn, I think that you should wait 3-4 weeks. (So, about a month) I would be terrified for my baby, I don't know if I'd even be able to to it then!
but, since you are a mother and have delt with three newborns already, I think it's your call.
LOVES!
Alysha
I took McKenzi from the hospital to a basketball game but "to each his (or her) own. The thing is once you start heading out be prepared for everyone to expect you to be "back in the ballgame"
People will think you are back to normal cause your out and about!!
I wanna come see that baby!!!
I don't know if it's the same in WA, but here in Utah it is RSV and Flu season. Since Amber is too little to have a flu shot I think it's a great idea to keep her covered up. Adults and kids carry around a lot of disease-causing microbes on their hands.
No need to be paranoid, maybe just ask people to wash their hands or carry hand sanitizer in your bag.
Just my two cents. As you've probably guessed, I think a month.
Everybody things I am nuts, but I am taking my kids in public places when they are about a week. I can't stand being at home and feeling traped. Of course my kids where healthy and for most of them it was Spring time so the flue season was over. Paul was the only one when we kept him at home for about 2 months, but he had some problems when he was born and was in NICU for 10 days. This doesn't mean you have to take your child out right now, just do what you think is right.
Magda
For my triplets I didn't go out only for doctor's appointments. But then again I didn't feel up to it and they were born the end of January which was RSV season. Amelia I was feeling great, but still made sure she was protected from other people who were sick. Again she was born during RSV season. I did cater to my children and made sure they were on a sleep schedule. They need it as well as you need it. But like the last person said if people see you out they will think you are up to it. I know I even think that.
Post a Comment