Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Host

I know that many of you have read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers, but have you read "The Host" by her? I got the book a few months ago. I tried several times to read it and just couldn't get into it. The first few chapters are a bit confusing and hard to get past. Now that I have tons of time sitting around nursing Amber I decided to pick it up again. I started where I thought I left off. It starts to get really good! It makes you think about what it is like to be a human and how we aren't that nice. I think you should all read it..press through the beginning and I promise it will be worth the read!! It is amazing to me that someone can write such different books that are so good! Stephanie is talented! To say the least! Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!!

3 comments:

Brianna said...

i finally gave in to reading the twighlight series, and just finished book 1. I liked it better than i thought, but I didn't know she had other books! Thanks for the rec, I will have to check it out.

Signed,
Admitted Book Lover

Kristin said...

I read The Host back in May when it came out and really enjoyed it. I agree that the first bit was confusing, but once you realize what is happening in the narrator's mind, it makes sense that it should be confusing because she was confused too. Does that make sense? I thought it was a great book!

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree. I loved the book from start to finish. GO HOST!!!!!