Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Boy Turtle

So I haven't gone anywhere with "the talk" yet. (Yes,I know that it is a continual talk and not just one big one.)
I did take the first baby step with Megan.
She was playing with her Littlest Pet Shop animals. I was listening to her, I love hearing the pretend play. I kept hearing the word penis. I realized that was the name of one of her pets! She was asking, "Penis, how are you?" and lots of other things with his name. When I stopped laughing I asked her to come talk with me. I asked her if she knew what a penis was - she said no - I told her - she said that it was okay because her turtle was a boy - I informed her that just like we wouldn't name any one vagina, we wouldn't name any one penis. She got the point and changed his name. (to what I can't remember!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny -- I guess on the upside she could have picked any of the other millions of nicknames for penis instead -- which would have been worse.

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's funny. :P Yeah, just be glad that it wasn't something else.

Keolani said...

I guess this is where a baby brother would have come in handy. You crack me up!!!!

Molly said...

I read this while I was at work in between phone calls. I was laughing out loud! Almost got in trouble. Too funny :)

Amy Heath said...

That is SO hilarious, I love it!