Friday, July 18, 2008
Home Improvements
I am really jealous of the people that can just knock down walls, rip out carpet, install this or that, quick throw up a wall, and all that home improvement crap and I can't even hang a shelf level!!! (Yes I am directing some of my hostility at you, Tyler and you, Kelly) LOL Growing up I had a great opportunity to learn all there is to know about carpentry from my Papa Orliss. Did I ever take the time? NO! I was to busy being a girl. Now I wish I could go back and learn from him, and others. We took out a couple cupboards in out laundry room to make a small scrapbook nook. There are some holes that need spakling (sp?). It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. But I did it. Now it needs some sanding. I HATE the feel of sand paper! It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Then we will paint it. Then Brian will have to hang up the shelves. And I can organize. (at least I am good at some thing) Then we will think we are so good. Until we look at the projects others do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can relate-I have a list a mile long of "honey-dos" that I have no idea how to accomplish!
Try sanding with those sponges that have sandpaper on one side. It makes the grating so much more tolerable. (Find it at a craft store or sometimes in paint sections of bigger stores.)
Post a Comment