Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Abbey - getting ready for a pump!!
We are so excited!! Abbey and I went to a class tonight to learn about the insulin pump she is going to get. It will be just like Brian's, except a little smaller. Abbey was a bit nervous about putting in an infusion sight. (can't blame her) We went in a room for privacy and she did it all by herself!! I thought it might take her awhile to want to do it on her own. She proved me wrong. Just like she did in the hospital when she wanted to do her own shots. We are hoping and praying that she gets it soon. We really want her to be used to it before school starts. Her blood sugars have been all over the charts and the pump will help her get the right doses of insulin. So if you could add her to your prayers we would really appreciate it! Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! How exciting! I think the pump will make things so much easier and stable for her. I'm thankful that she has great parents to support her, one of which understands on a personal level how challenging diabetes can be.
I also think she will continue to amaze you with her courage.
Best wishes.
Post a Comment