Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Lacey Wa.
Brian had to attend a three day training for his job in Lacey WA. so the girls and I tagged along. We went in to Olympia, which is Washington's state capital, for a day. We were planning on going to several parks and really enjoying the beauty there but just as we got there the Heavens opened and it poured! We saw them all from the van. We decided that we wanted to stay dry so we found a fun little sandwich shop for lunch and then hung out in a toy store called Wind Up Here. It was an incredible toy store! After two plus hours I asked one of the workers if he would kick us out - and to my surprise - He did! We did see the state capital building from the van but never got to take a tour. Hanna really wanted to, not sure about Abbey and Megan though. We were planning on returning to Olympia the next day until I woke up not feeling so well. Instead we swam for hours, watched T.V., ordered pizza, and were hotel bums all day. I felt a bit guilty because there was so much we wanted to see and do - luckily the girls love to swim and are T.V. heads. (we don't have cable so when they are around it they go straight into T.V. mode) Most of the swimming photos turned out real dark except this one of Megan. I wish we would have gotten more pictures in Olympia but like I said we were planing on going back so I was going to then - maybe next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment