Growing up my Grandma Norma Karlson always had a porch swing. Oh how I loved Grandma's swing. We would sit on there for hours, singing, telling stories, chating, and laughing. Gran would pat my leg with one hand and hold a strong smelling cup of black coffee in her other. I am pretty sure I learned most of lifes great lessons on her swing.
When we bought our home one of the first things I bought was a porch swing.
On May 20, 2011 I was laying on the swing enjoying the warm sun, thinking of my beautiful grandma, missing her. So I picked up my cell phone and gave her a call. She didn't answer so I left her a message telling her what I was doing and how I was thinking of her.
Not five minutes later I look up and see my mom standing in my house. Then I looked again and there was my grandma!!! I kid you not!! They came and suprised me for my birthday!! It was hard holding back the tears of joy!!
Here is my gran with my girls on our porch swing! (would be a perfect picture if Hanna was in it too)

When we bought our home one of the first things I bought was a porch swing.
On May 20, 2011 I was laying on the swing enjoying the warm sun, thinking of my beautiful grandma, missing her. So I picked up my cell phone and gave her a call. She didn't answer so I left her a message telling her what I was doing and how I was thinking of her.
Not five minutes later I look up and see my mom standing in my house. Then I looked again and there was my grandma!!! I kid you not!! They came and suprised me for my birthday!! It was hard holding back the tears of joy!!
Here is my gran with my girls on our porch swing! (would be a perfect picture if Hanna was in it too)
No comments:
Post a Comment