Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HANNA IS 10!!



Here's Hanna on her 10th birthday. Can you believe it?? I am having a really hard time! I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I am a mom, let alone been a mom for 10 years!! I am still waiting for the day I feel like a grown-up.

We started out her birthday with the Speer traditional pancake cake. In the mornings we listen to the radio. It is our alarm and then we just let it play. (when it turns off an hour later I know it is prayer time and the girls need to be ready to go to school) The station we listen to does birthdays during the time we are listening so I called and gave them Hanna's name and age and town. Hanna thought it was so cool to hear her name on the radio!! The DJs draw a name and that birthday person gets a cake from a local store and a photo package. Hanna WON !! What a great way to start off a new year! That night we had her second favorite dinner - spaghetti! Yum!! (yes, spaghetti is now her second favorite, after many years in the #1 spot. It was beat out by Brian's sesame chicken.)

2 comments:

Jeremy & Jennifer said...

My mom always made birthdays the very best day of the year. I always looked forward to it. Sounds like you are going to be just like her. It makes for wonderful memories.
Oh, and I don't expect that you'll feel grown up any time soon. :)

Amy said...

I think that is neat what you do for birthdays. I try to do that the best I can, but sometimes it is hard when you have three on the same day. I think things will change the older they get. Where is the whipped cream for the pancakes?