Saturday, December 20, 2008

Crookshanks

For the last month or so there has been this stray cat hanging around. It is a long haired gray cat. I don't how long it has been a stray. She was pretty skinny. My girls decided to was ours because I gave it water. They told the kids at school it was ours. They named her Crookshanks, off of Harry Potter. They pet her and hold her. Then I felt real sorry for it and bought it some food. (DUMB I know) And I fed it out by the neighbors mailbox. Then this awful cold spell came and I was worried she would freeze. At first we made her a bed in a box outside. Then it got colder and the box moved into the little bathroom off our laundry room. There she stayed for a good part of three days while we tried to find her a home, with no luck. Friday we took her to the Humane Society, only to find out they don't take strays. They said to take her to the pound where she probably won't ever get adopted because no one wants an adult cat. Then there is a chance they will just put her to sleep. Guess what?? We now have a cat. She has to stay outside. In this cold weather we will put her back in the bathroom at night. Did I mention, I don't like cats and that I am allergic to them?? Or that we said we would NEVER have a cat!!

No comments: