Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mary Ellen (Worrell) Fogel



Today is a bittersweet day for my dad's side of the family. My beautiful great Aunt Mary passed away last Sunday, today is her memorial in Aberdeen, South Dakota. She had been fighting cancer for a long time.
There is not one person that can think of Auntie Mary and not smile!! As soon as her name crosses your mind you are flooded with wonderful, fun memories. Even when telling us kids off for whatever we did to deserve it, there would be a twinkle in her eye. I can't picture her without her amazingly contagious smile!! Just seeing it afar would warm your heart. She drew all people to her. Just being near her made you feel good about yourself, life, and everything!!
THANK YOU Auntie Mary!!
Thank for the memories!
Thank you for your smile!
Thank you for your laughter!!
Thank you for rescuing Kim and I each summer!
Thank you for running over snakes in the road!
Thank you for not letting Kim and Dave torture Kristi and I - well trying to stop them!
Most of all Thank You for your love!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked with Mary at Banner. She was an amazing woman! I pray for you and your family. We were all so lucky to have been blessed by having such a light like Mary in our lives.