Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Abbey's 8th Birthday Party



Abbey's birthday isn't really until the 22nd of August but we had a BBQ/Pool party while we were in Missoula. It was mainly so we could see lots of people but we decided that it could be for Abbey's birthday as well. We made a quick trip to the dollar store and picked out decorations and a few pool toys. (gotta LOVE the dollar store!!) Gran Annette bought a yummy ice cream cake (thank you!), Grandma Karin got the grub for the B.B.Q., reserved the pool and we were set!
Hanna was a little upset because we are never in Missoula in February for her birthday, so none of the family get to come to her parties. I can totally understand her point! I felt bad. Then my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Fred saved the day by bringing gifts for all three girls. THANK YOU!!
We had a special guest at the party!! Our long time friend (more like Uncle) Tom Dunton came!! The girls and I were super excited to see him!! and his wife, Phillis! The reason seeing Tom was so special is because about ten months ago he was diagnosed with cancer and things didn't look so good. But through a positive attitude, hard work, LOTS of prayers and love he has made it through! And he looks wonderful!! Better then before, I dare say. When I first told the girls about Tom and how he needed our prayers they didn't really remember who he was. But they were faithful and prayed at least daily for him and his health. Seeing him was a testimony that prayers are answered! (I can't believe that I didn't take a picture of him and Phillis!)

No comments: