Today in Sunday school I remembered something that I haven't thought of in a long time. I wanted to write about it so that I could remember it more often and to share it with everyone.
It was July 2000; Brian, Hanna, and I went for a drive to see a wonderful waterfall. I was eight months pregnant with Abbey and Hanna was 17 months old. As we drove up the curvy mountain road our car's check engine light came on. We found the falls and had lunch there. The rest of the way home the check engine light stayed on. We drove though some tiny towns on a very busy two lane highway towards home. I wanted to stop at a friends house because the car was not acting right. Brian thought we could make it the 30 miles home. About 3 or 4 miles from where my friend lived the car died. We were stranded!! We pulled out the stroller to put Hanna in and started the walk back the way we had just came. Did I mention how HOT it was? How busy the highway was? How narrow the shoulder was? That I was 7 months pregnant? I was not looking forward to this walk. Just as we got started a car pulled over and offered to help. There wasn't enough room in their car for all of us. They said they could take Hanna and I and come back for Brian....It was a woman, and 2 or 3 men - I can't remember. I was nervous. Then I saw a C.T.R. ring on one of their fingers. (C.T.R. stands for Choose The Right, and mainly members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints wear them) As we talked about the church in which we all belonged I felt comforted. Hanna and I went with the Mom and son(s) while Brian and the Dad stayed and looked at the car. Us girls stayed at their home while the son went back to help the guys. They towed our car back to their home and offered to fix it. It just so happened that they had the same kind of car and same problem and they knew how to fix it. The only problem was getting the parts. This amazing family gave us their car for a week to use while they fixed ours for FREE. I don't remember their names any more, but I do know that they were the answer to our prayers. I am so thankful for the kind, caring people in this world that are not afraid to stop and help a stranded family.
No comments:
Post a Comment