So a few months back I told a friend that I thought her daughter was a drama queen at times. (open mouth, insert foot) I don't remember the exact conversation but I do remember the point I was trying to make... I obviously didn't do a very good job at making that point, because it wasn't to hurt feelings nor was it anything negative towards the girl.
I was frustrated over some things that happened and was trying to explain why I was frustrated. I must say, I am even more frustrated now. I don't dare try to fix it; I would just dig myself a deeper hole.
I did learn two things:
1) my friend (I hope I can still call her that) did say something that I know I need to learn, and that is that you really shouldn't say things about other people's kids. (period)
2) that it really is true, that you can say all positive things about some one (thing) and one negative (even if you didn't mean it negative) and ALL that will matter is the negative.
To this friend and her daughter, I am sorry.
P.S. Is calling someone a "drama queen" a bad thing? I didn't think it was, but I now can see how it might be taken that way.....
No comments:
Post a Comment