Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rain Forest - SLUGS


The last night of our trip we stayed in the Rain forest. When we got there it was fairly warm and dry. We got our tents set up, made dinner, ate smores, and just as we were cleaning up the rain drops started falling. It was a slow trickle giving us plenty of time to get everything put away before it poured!! We had just got the fire really roaring and was enjoying the evening...and then we headed to bed to stay dry! It poured most of the night but had stopped by morning. The kids were totally thrilled with all the slugs that lined the drives. YUCK!!! They got out their bug catchers and caught tons of the slimy things! Boy does their slim stink! They had a hard time getting the bug catchers clean - and I was not about to help them!

1 comment:

Jeremy & Jennifer said...

Man! You guys do some fun stuff. I think you do a great job posting interesting pictures and stories on your blog. My favorite was the raccoon, but the waterfall looked amazing too!

I'm ashamed to say, I'm one of those women who hasn't read the Stephanie Meyers books...

Keep posting! I love it!